Vision & Mission
To achieve the excellence in orthodontic ,growth modification and orthoganthic surgeries by adopting modern technques for teaching and training of students who will utilize their knowledge and skills for
giving a esthetic smile and function of the occlusion to our society.
Three Primary Missions
- Patient care
Curriculum Changes Made in Orthodontic Programme
- Lingual orthodontics
- CBCT and 3D Imaging in diagnosis
- Role of soft tissue surgeries in orthodontics.
- Orthodontic practice management
Additions in the clinicals:
- Malocclusion based case discussions and treatment planning.
- Hands-on demonstrations of changes in appliances.
- Management of problems encountered during the treatment of complicated cases.
- Evidence based treatment planning for special cases.
- Seminars (Power point presentation)
- MCQs on Orthodontics
- Posters and charts preparation
- Projects for undergraduate students
- Clinical photography
- Dr. Prajeeth.J.Babu - Gold medal 2011
- Dr. Swati Saraswata Acharya - Gold medal 2012
- Dr. Vishnu chandran – Silver medal 2012
- Dr. Bedaballe Adarsh Reddy - Gold medal 2013 and Best paper award in 30th tamil nadu state dental conference for presentation on molar distalization by palatal implants
- Dr. Arun Raj – Silver medal 2013
- Dr. Praveen kumar Best paper award in MOSG for topic
Research Thrust Areas
- Orthodontic bonding and bond strength
- Impacted canine and treatment modalities
Total Number of Publications - 149
Highest impact factor publication: Dr.R.Saravanan, MDS, Professor, Department
of Orthodontics Journal of Indian Society of Periodontology - 0.44